Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Step by Step

Rise up and walk!

I took my first steps on Friday (9/7/2007). I have taken a few more but am still testing out my balance. A casual stroll is not in the too distant future.


I have also taken a giant step in my swimming prowess. I am gaining confidence and don't get concerned with getting water on my face. Every day is a little easier. Soon all memories of Mark Spitz and Michael Phelps will be erased.


I have stepped into the wilderness of Phoenix (my backyard, above). I have seen bunnies, a koi pond, and cacti. I do not fear either of these things though they both present challenges to the human race. I liken myself to Dr. Doolittle or Steve Irwin, harmonizing with nature, a bunny-fish-cactus whisperer.


Hopefully you will soon be able to join me in a trek, one step at a time, down a wash or race along a steppe in the arid and rugged scape.


As a wise sage once said, "We walk looking forward, one step, one foot at a time."

1 comment:

Annabelle Rose said...

HI Ella,

I can't believe you are walking! I just figured out how to roll. It's pretty fun, but I'm thinking crawling is going to be even better. I hope you come visit us over in Michigan soon. Your Grammy said you are coming at Christmas. That will be a fun time.

I'm so glad you got to move to Arizona with your Daddy. I love being with my Daddy and I bet you do too. I wish I could do all of all the traveling you have done already. I haven't even left Michigan yet.

I hope you check out my blog. It is www.annabellerosemcrae.blogspot.com

Happy early Birthday. I hope you get to eat some cake and get lots of fun toys.

Love,
Annabelle